Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reflecting at the end of the course

When art first started i was very excited. I felt like i was a good artist and it was something i loved to do. In the beginning I only drew pictures using a pencil and just drawing as things came to mind. But over the course of the year i grew into an artist that planned art painted,sculpted and much more. This art class has not only taught me tricks in drawing but it has also opened my eyes to new and exciting ways in which to make art. During the year i had many ups and downs. I would say my biggest down was the final project which was lost. But also i need to work on my sculpting skills my painting skills and my skills in focusing in and getting the job done. But I also had many highlights as-well. The self portrait was my favorite highlight. It showed so much of who I am as a biracial and multicultural person. It showed the struggle my family has gone through and the things i hold dearest. It also is the most natural piece of art i've made all year. I am really proud of the outcome of it. Other accomplishments were the Found Object project, and the emotional lines project. During the middle of the year i became distracted but in the last term i have realized how important art is to me and how much i really love it. I will definitely continue with it in the future. Art is not only a pass time for me, it is also an emotional release and a passion that is deeper then a pen and paper. I will be sure to take advantage of the art options next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment